Hajj and Umrah Vaccines
Are you planning to visit Saudi Arabia? The Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) updates all the information you need to know before travelling. Therefore, it’s important to check information earlier. Also, get vaccines and more information on Hajj and Umrah in Brighton from Coldean Pharmacy.
Hajj is an Islamic religious pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, Hajj was normally attended by more than one million pilgrims each year.
The pilgrimage takes place from the eighth to the thirteenth day of the 12th and final month of the Islamic calendar.
Each year, the Hajj date is 11 days earlier because the Islamic calendar is 11 days shorter than the western world calendar.
Umrah is a pilgrimage to Mecca that occurs at any time of the year. Umrah can be:
– Put together with the Hajj (known as Umrat al-tammatu) or
– Done separately (referred to as al-Umrat al mufradah)
The Regulations for Saudi Arabia’s Hajj and Umrah
Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health Advice
The Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health (MoH) issues the recommendations and conditions for either vaccinations or entry visas for the Hajj and Umrah.
It’s vital to know that Hajj and Umrah necessitate that you be physically fit. You may have to postpone Hajj or Umrah if you:
– Are above 65 years or more
– Have chronic diseases, for example, diabetes, heart disease, and kidney or lung disease
– Have health conditions that affect your immune system
– Suffer from a chronic condition, for example, cancer
– Are pregnant
– Are below 12 years
Hajj and Umrah in Brighton
Get consultations with your health officer at least 6 weeks before your travel date. You can also contact us for more information on Hajj and Ummrah in Brighton.
Prior to travelling for Hajj or Umrah, it’s important to:
– update your childhood vaccinations like MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), tetanus, diphtheria, and polio
– Get the necessary as well as recommended vaccinations for Saudi Arabia
– Have the seasonal influenza vaccine
Get in touch with Coldean Pharmacy today for more information about Hajj and Ummrah in Brighton.